The Skills Organisation
The Skills Organisation - industry skills partner and leader
The Skills Organisation is the industry training organisation for the electrotechnology and telecommunications industries. As a standards setting body, our goal is to ensure that enough skilled people are available to work in these industries.
We do this by:
- Determining future skill needs
- Providing skills leadership
- Developing national qualifications
- Creating assessment resources and ensuring the quality of assessment
- Reducing the costs of industry training on employers and trainees by providing subsidies.
The Skills Organisation began the Bright Sparks programme more than 10 years ago to foster the skills of young people who are keen on technology. Through a website, an online forum, one-on-one mentoring and qualifications in schools, Bright Sparks has unleashed the genius and creativity of hundreds of talented young people. And best of all, Bright Sparks has opened doors and created a pathway into the hi-tech industry!