This contest has ended and we want thank you all for a great response. Congratulations to our 10 lucky winners!
We simply can’t wait to see what our young inventors have been working on. We know the ASB Bright Sparks competition closes on the 28th of September this year, but we’re keen to see how you’re progressing with your project in the lead up to the awards ceremony.
- Send us a video of the project you're working on by 23 August 2016
- Your video should be no longer than 2 minutes and answer the question: “What makes your invention awesome?"
- There are two ways you can submit your video:
- You can upload your video on to YouTube and email the link to firstname.lastname@example.org ; or
- Save the video in a USB drive and mail it to us (the USB drive will be returned to you after the competition): ASB Bright Sparks Video Contest - Freepost 5164, PO Box 24-469, Royal Oak, Auckland 1345
- Keep your video as short as possible – aim for 90 seconds.
- Have a neutral background to keep the viewer’s eyes on you and your project.
- Include shots of both yourself and your project.
- Write a script for yourself and try to explain your project in 2 paragraphs. You only have a short time to explain so keep your presentation to the important parts.
- Try and explain the project in plain English - no fancy words! Would your family understand what it is you created?
- Practice by doing a trial filming. If you are a whizz with editing video, then film lots and edit so the best bits are left in.
- Film horizontally to take advantage of the whole screen.
- Shoot video in the daylight to ensure lighting is even. Don’t shoot with the sun or a light behind you. Try shooting inside in a room with plenty of light.
- Make sure there are no loud sounds around. Filming where there is a main road right outside is probably not a great idea.
- Have fun while filming and don’t forget to smile!
- Competition runs from 27 July through 23 August.
- The participant must be a current student in the New Zealand school system under 18 years old.
- Each participant is eligible to submit 1 video.
- Videos must be student-produced and project-focused.
- Videos must answer the question, “What makes your invention awesome?”
- Videos must NOT exceed 2 minutes.
- Deadline for submissions is 23 August 2016.
- There are 10x smartphone projectors to give away to 10 winners.
- By submitting videos, the participant agrees to give ASB Bright Sparks permission to use them for future marketing communications activities.
- The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.